074 98 90190 info@boycekelly.ie
[et_pb_ds_breadcrumbs _builder_version=”3.3.1″] 

Slip, Trip and Fall Accidents

Slips, trips and falls are very common and can happen just about anywhere, including workplaces, shops, supermarkets, restaurants, cinemas, car parks, roads, pavements, hospitals and schools. The party responsible for the upkeep of these areas has a legal duty to take appropriate steps to protect others from injury.

If you have had a slip, trip or fall, you could have a legal right to compensation* if another party is responsible. Even though an accident of this kind can occur in a matter of seconds, the consequences can be serious and long-lasting. At Boyce Kelly Solicitors, we have expertise in preparing robust claims for clients who have been hurt in this way. We will work tirelessly to ensure you get the best possible outcome.

Contact our Slip, Trip and Fall Injury Claims* Solicitors in Carrigart and Letterkenny, Co. Donegal on 074 98 90190 or complete our online enquiry form.

I Have Been Injured at Work – What Should I Do?

The most important thing is your health and safety. If your injury is an emergency, you should get medical attention straight away. Otherwise, you should see your GP as soon as possible.

If possible, you should immediately report the accident to the relevant person (in most cases, the property owner or manager), take photos of the accident site and ask for contact details of any witnesses.

As soon as possible following the accident, contact a Personal Injury Solicitor for advice on your legal rights. Our team will give you an honest and reliable assessment of your case and set out the potential next steps for recovering compensation.

Who is Responsible for the Accident?

Slip, trip and fall claims* are far from straightforward. Often they involve disagreements about liability, and in particular whether or not the defendant party acted reasonably to reduce the risk of injury. The property owner may also assert that the accident was the injured party or a third party’s fault.

Our Personal Injury* Lawyers work with a body of experts who provide evidence to strengthen your position when pursuing compensation*. In slip, trip and fall cases, engineers and risk assessment consultants may be called upon to provide an evaluation of the accident site and their views on who was liable and whether your injury could have been avoided.

Most public property owners have public liability insurance in case of accidents on their premises. This means that, in the majority of cases, the claim will be dealt with by the insurance company.

Contact our Slip, Trip and Fall Injury Claims* Solicitors in Carrigart and Letterkenny, Co. Donegal

For specialist legal advice following a slip, trip or fall accident*, call our team on 0749890190 or complete our online contact form and we will get back to you without delay. 

*In contentious business, a legal practitioner shall not charge any amount in respect of legal costs expressed as a percentage or proportion of any damages (or other moneys) that may become payable to his or her client or purport to set out the legal costs to be charged to a junior counsel as a specified percentage or proportion of the legal costs paid to a senior counsel. A legal practitioner shall not without the prior written agreement of his or her client deduct or appropriate any amount in respect of legal costs from the amount of any damages or moneys that become payable to the client in respect of legal services that the legal practitioner provided to the client.

[et_pb_ds_breadcrumbs _builder_version="4.17.3" hover_enabled="0" global_colors_info="{}" admin_label="Breadcrumbs" sticky_enabled="0"][/et_pb_ds_breadcrumbs]


074 98 90190 or click on the button below to send a message

Slip, Trip and Fall Accidents